Have you ever thought about becoming a Firefighter?
The Myrtle Point Fire Department is seeking Volunteer Firefighters. Come out and help protect your community! Volunteer Firefighters complete a DPPST Firefighter I Academy and have scheduled drills every Thursday night starting at 7PM.
Volunteer Firefighter Requirements
• Must be 18 years old.
• No criminal record.
• Be in good physical condition.
• Have a valid Oregon driver’s license.
Benefits of being a Volunteer Firefighter
• A sense of pride in protecting and supporting your community.
• Working together with other agencies to accomplish common goals.
• Provided needed training for success in firefighting and emergency medical response.
• Being an essential member of our team.
• Opportunity for outside, fire and emergency medical training.
• Family atmosphere.
What are my commitments if I become a Volunteer Firefighter?
• Maintain State required training hours.
• Attend weekly volunteer trainings, Thursdays 7pm to 9pm.
• Attend department community functions.
• Respond to General alarms and other calls as needed.
• Be responsible for the safe keeping of all assigned department property.
• Be respectful at all times, as you are a representative of the fire department.
• Obey all lawful orders of department personnel.
• Demonstrate willingness to learn.
Department policies apply and not all applicants will be approved.
Please fill out the application below and return it to the Myrtle Point Fire Department or City Hall. If you have any questions call the Myrtle Point Fire Department at (541) 572-5422.